Grow, service and maintain an existing Personal Lines book of business by providing clients with exceptional customer service while identifying and capturing all sales opportunity for referrals, upselling and ccross-selling your portfolio
- Handles inquiries from clients and gathers information, responds to coverage issues and requests policy changes. Deals with mail, courier and fax.
- Communicates on behalf of the client with insurance companies, dealers, lawyers, mortgage holders, lien holders and lease holders.
- Coordinates claims processing by gathering information, participating in telephone discussions with the client, adjusters and insurance companies as required, faxing information, and following up.
- Requests and mails refunds to clients. Initiates calls to clients to collect overdue premium payments if the assistants were not successful, assists in the processing of registered letters for non-payment and arranges reinstatements upon receipt of payment.
- Reviews and evaluates home inspections when they come in. Writes letter of action to the client to confirm changes in limits or recommendations emanating from the report. Follows up on the implementation of recommendations.
- Remarkets home and auto policies in the best interest of the client as required due to risk points, premium increases, client dissatisfaction or better coverage.
- Reviews assigned renewals as necessary.
- Assists and provides advice to Account Executives with collecting information on existing clients for rounding out accounts. May from time to time write new business.
- Responds to requests for information from insurers and maintains an abeyance system to follow up on outstanding items.
- Documents client files thoroughly and keeps client files up to date.
- Other related duties.
- Looks for an opportunity to grow the book of business via referrals, upselling, cross selling and writing new business.
- RIBO licensed
- 2-5 years related work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills; TAM experience an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Desire for continuous learning
- Client focused; solution driven
- Self-motivated with a positive ‘can do’ attitude