Helping businesses keep a promise to their employees is a great feeling, and that is what we deliver
every day. Our Client is one of the pre-eminent associations in Canada, and we are looking for great team members who want to feel fantastic about the benefit plan services they provide and the good they do.
For nearly 45 years, Our client has been the voice of B.C.’s construction industry. Today, they represent more than 2,300 members and clients and are one of the leading third-party providers of group health and retirement benefits in B.C. They also undertake public policy research and advocacy initiatives.
As an Underwriting Analyst based in our Burnaby, BC Head Office, you will be front and centre working with an underwriting and consulting team servicing new group benefits quotes, working on renewals with carriers and supporting the in-house team as well as a broker agent network.
• Underwrite group benefits requests from internal sales and external broker agent network
• Screen group requests to request missing information, clarify specifications and assess the risk
involved in order to select quality business
• Set final rates through experience rating and considering all other characteristics of the risk
• Renewal rate analysis and carrier negotiation, as well as renewal documentation preparation
• Negotiate final rates with Group Marketing Managers and Advisors
• Take action on requests for special rate reviews, and effectively communicate final decisions
• Report to Senior Vice President, Business Development
• Experienced with group plans acquired through a minimum of 3 years of industry background
• Deductive reasoning, problem-solving ability, and flexibility of decision making
• Great interpersonal skills with a coaching mindset
• The enthusiasm with an interest in working in a changing environment
• Good verbal and written communication skills as well as negotiation skills
• Good organizational and time management abilities, and strong mathematical ability
• Proficient with Microsoft office suite, especially Excel
• Eager to contribute, learn and grow with an experienced and high-profile organization
• We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package