For nearly 45 years, our client has been the voice of B.C.’s construction industry and they are looking for great team members who want to feel fantastic about the benefit plan services they provide and the good they do.
As a Business Development Manager, based in our Burnaby, BC Head Office, you will be front and centre selling new employee group health benefits and group retirement solutions to new prospects across the Lower Mainland, as well as to our existing membership. You will proactively prospect and engage owners and benefit decision-makers at organizations growing our province and driving the BC economy.
You are a BC life licensed, group benefits professional looking for your next great sales career opportunity. You are perpetually in motion, self-motivated and accountable for your sales cycle and your results; proactively driving new sales opportunities forward with the backing of great benefit plan tools and solutions is your hallmark.
Comfortable learning and leveraging an established technology backbone designed to maintain prospect responsiveness, you never let an opportunity slip. A lifetime learner mindset allows you to be on the forefront of issues impacting BC companies in the group benefits world and allows you to embrace ways to suggest new and innovative solutions to deliver amazing results and to grow our client base.
- Driving new Group Benefits and Group Retirement sales in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley
- Selling our custom Group Benefits plans
- Proactively prospecting new client opportunities
- Secure appointments and meetings with prospective owners and decision-makers
- Creatively address customer issues and suggest solutions and options
- Quote new Group Benefit and Retirement opportunities
- Work closely with Underwriting on proposals and amendments
- Consistently achieve new sales targets and KPI’sCommunicate,
- Coordinate and Collaborate with members to position our Benefit services for their businesses
- Maintain clear and accurate reporting and forecasting within MS Dynamics CRM
- BC Life licensed with Group Benefits knowledge with 3+ years of experience preferred
- Must have means to travel in Vancouver BC and Fraser Valley region
- Exceptional at building new relationships and able to connect easily in person or over the phone
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and resourceful, with strong attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a competitive desire to achieve goals and control income potential
- Eager to contribute, learn and grow with an experienced and high-profile organization
- Experience with a TPA an asset
- Retirement solutions knowledge an asset
- We offer a competitive base salary, generous and uncapped variable sales commission, a full benefits package, RRSP matching, transportation allowance, and we encourage professional development and pursuing learning and development opportunities as part of a growing organization.