Life Insurance - Inside Sales
Our client is an exciting insurtech start-up that is transforming the way Canadians buy insurance. They have built a brand new digital insurance platform that offers a simple, intuitive alternative to the archaic, offline distribution model used by most of Canada's Life insurance industry.
With a compelling vision, proven management team, and significant seed funding, they bring innovation and disruption to the rapidly evolving insurtech space.
Who they are looking for:
Are you building a career in the insurance industry? Do you consider yourself a natural when it comes to client management and customer service? Do you want to have a big impact on a well-funded start-up?
They are searching for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Life & Living Benefits Advisor to manage prospective buyers and clients that come to our digital platform. The selected candidate is expected to deliver informed and accurate advice on a wide variety of life and living benefits insurance products in a charismatic, helpful manner.
Their team is growing, and this role offers significant opportunities for career advancement. Reporting directly to the Director of Brokerage, this role will work across several aspects of the business and assist in the overall development of our brand and brokerage.
- Manage relationships and deliver excellent customer service for a large volume of insurance clients delivered through their online insurance application portal.
- Explain how life insurance and related products work, and provide expert insurance advice and guidance to customers.
- Assist customers with their digital tools and walk them through the application and underwriting process.
- Review digital life insurance applications for accuracy before submission to the insurance carrier(s).
- Help customers submit medical and non-medical forms and schedule appointments required to satisfy underwriting requirements.
- Regularly communicate with customers through various channels, including phone, email, web, and video chat.
- Demonstrate expertise in non-face-to-face carrier workflows, underwriting processes, and software tools.
- Act as the main channel of feedback between customers and product teams, to drive improvements to our process and technology.
- 2+ years of work experience in life & living benefit insurance sales or service.
- Life insurance broker license or LLQP; must be licensed in Ontario.
- Passion for customer service and the value of insurance.
- Excellent communication skills whether in-person, by email, or on phone calls.
- A deep love of technology and keeping a finger on the pulse of all things digital.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Must value ethics and integrity.
- Creativity and a natural inclination to think outside the box are highly valued skills on our team.
- Motivated to learn and grow professionally and contribute to the company’s growth and culture.
- Enjoy working on a team, but also self-motivated.
Salary and Benefits
- Fast-growing company with a great opportunity to assume a leadership role. We expect massive growth over the next few years which will provide significant opportunities for advancement.
- Competitive base salary with performance-based sales bonuses.
- Competitive health benefits.
- Relaxed, collaborative office setting - previously in downtown Toronto, but over Zoom for the time being. New ideas are encouraged as we continually enhance the experience and make life insurance accessible for all Canadians.