Our client is an asset manager focused on building a diversified portfolio of investments across geographies, asset classes, and the spectrum of risk and return. They are committed to achieving the best-possible long-term risk-adjusted returns for their clients.
What We Offer
Are you a self-motivated and driven professional looking to advance your career and take on new challenges with a breadth of responsibilities? Do you have, or are you working towards your CIP? Do you like to work in a fast-paced environment and look for continuous improvement opportunities? Are you detail-oriented, able to work well under pressure, and have very strong written and verbal communication skills? Do you have a strong sense of business and wanting to be a part of an evolving and growing team? If so, we have an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Claims Analyst.
Reporting to the Assistant Treasurer, the Senior Claims Analyst will be responsible for maintaining a comprehensive risk management program, including the management of all policies and claims for the Company, provision of coverage recommendations, and identification of improvement opportunities.
- Manage the day to day operations of claims including the maintenance of various claims processes and systems.
- Work with insurers and internal operations on the management of claims and presentation of claims to insurers.
- Assist in identifying and analyzing problems/issues for the claims department, and testing solutions.
- Assist with business modeling for increased efficiency.
- Compile and organize various scheduled and ad-hoc reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of company operations/procedures.
- Participate in special projects to support Regional and National management as required.
- Responds to insurance-related inquiries from internal groups, lenders, and suppliers/contractors.
- Coordinate department meetings, maintain meeting schedules.
- Assist with policies renewal including documentation preparation, underwriting submissions, and related reports (i.e. premium adjustment reports).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of insurance markets, current developments, and trends in the field of insurance and risk management through industry publications, surveys, and participation in professional associations and organizations.
- Other related duties as assigned.
What You Bring
- University Degree, with a specialization in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Post-secondary school education and/or equivalent on the job experience.
- Minimum 7 years of insurance work experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of construction claims handling experience preferred.
- Previous experience in the property and casualty industry.
- Strong working knowledge of internal business operations, operational procedures, workflow and processing functions.
- Strong knowledge of insurance trends, developments, current standards, philosophies, and federal and provincial/local laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of claims systems (CPLUS. VIP, ClaimsDesk, Guidewire) is beneficial.
- Advanced working knowledge of computer programs, including the Microsoft Office Suite such as Word and Access, is required.
- Experience with Power BI is beneficial.
- General knowledge of captive insurance is an asset
- Experience making recommendations regarding appropriate coverage for various projects.
- CIP/FCIP/CRM certified or actively pursuing.
- Ability to recognize problems/issues and implement an appropriate solution within established guidelines.
- Ability to organize, interpret, and apply data/information from a variety of sources for report preparation.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple demands and changing priorities, and deliver results.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work successfully within functional and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional and technical development.
- Strong learning agility and the ability to manage competing demands.