Our client is looking for an AVP (Commercial) to join their senior leadership team. The successful candidates should have a strong understanding of the intricate relationships between business strategies, tactics, budgets, and deliverables and in turn recommend changes, enabling the organization to meet its financial objectives.
The company is offering:
- Competitive salary, bonus, paid time off, pension and benefits.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and flexible work options.
- The opportunity to work with an inclusive team who inspire each other to explore and achieve what is possible.
- An organizational commitment to sustainability and charitable giving; positively impacting the social, environmental, and economic well-being of Canadian businesses, families, and communities.
- Developing business plans and related budgets, while managing, monitoring, and analyzing results. Identify trends and take appropriate action to ensure plans are achieved.
- Inspiring and motivating your leadership team to define and execute strategic objectives through effective coaching and mentoring, identifying, and developing leadership talent, and fostering an innovative, collaborative, diverse, and agile culture.
- Managing and delivering broker-focused products and services including direct training of regional staff to ensure a full understanding of company products and services, communicating, and managing the achievement of company service and quality standards, and directing the regional underwriting to produce a loss ratio equal to or better than objectives.
- Managing broker relationships as required to achieve volume objectives while maintaining a profitable book of business. Building positive relationships within the insurance industry to promote the company to Brokers, and industry groups.
- Understanding regulatory risk in order to influence and maintain compliant business processes and controls in the day-to-day operations as well as setting the tone, leading by example, and fostering ongoing communication with all key stakeholders.
What to expect:
- Detail-oriented work that requires a high degree of mental concentration for extended periods of time.
- Some travel may be required.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
To be successful:
- You thrive on leading initiatives to support the delivery of our exceptional client experience and motivate others to embrace accountability to achieve results.
- You ensure you and your team’s day to day actions are in harmony with the company’s purpose, vision, and values even when challenged.
- You will lead the implementation of large or routine change initiatives and actively promote a culture that encourages the exploration of new opportunities or innovations.
- You value and encourage others to have cooperative and collaborative dialogue because diverse perspectives offer more creative and productive solutions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive industry experience in underwriting and marketing.
- A minimum of 7 years, and a proven track record, as a successful leader in the general insurance business, with an emphasis on commercial lines, within the broker distribution system.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, is preferred.
- CIP designation preferred.