Our client is one of the top Insurance Brokerages in Canada. They are looking to add a Director of Operations/Insurance. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, excellent team communication skills are highly motivated and detail-oriented. Let us rethink insurance, together!
- Competitive compensation package
- Encouragement of professional growth and industry education.
- Flexible work environment
- Strong benefits and vacation package
- University or college degree in a related field
- 8+ years’ experience in the insurance industry
- Knowledge of the Canadian insurance regulatory landscape and carrier product offerings
- Possess strong working knowledge of all aspects of the Insurance Act, Insurance Contracts Act, and other relevant legislation
- A strong and strategic understanding of insurance underwriting principles
- Currently holds a RIBO license or is willing to attain necessary licenses and demonstrate a plan and timeline to do so
- Demonstrable track record of working with carrier partners/stakeholders to bring new products and services to operation teams
- Ability to think strategically to design solutions and then translate those solutions into actionable operations programs
- Strong network amongst Canadian insurance carriers and the broader industry
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams (Incl. sales, operations, and finance) to deliver high-quality outcomes to timelines
- Appetite and enthusiasm for working as part of a core team that is not afraid of getting their hands dirty and supporting each other
- Collaborative and curious mindset, open to exploring new ways of doing things in the insurance brokerage industry
- Reporting to the COO, the Director of Operations is responsible to oversee the performance of the insurance operations team (Personal & Commercial Lines TSR/CSR as well as the Audit function).
- Working closely with the COO, the Director will be focused on all operations staff KPI’s and overall service delivery.
- Maintain strong work relationships with insurance carriers and other business partners.
- Work collaboratively with senior management, to implement business processes & procedures for increased office efficiencies.
- Closely monitor the installation and inspection capacity of various branches, to ensure they are operating at optimal levels and the quality requirements are being met.
- Work closely with all branches and all other internal and external stakeholders to provide exceptional service to insurance partners and policyholders.
- Assist in resolving customer complaints in an effective and timely manner.
- Assure all notes and updates are being made in all internal systems.
- Provide coaching and support to the Operations team in the area of expertise
- Provide assistance to Operations Team Leaders by acting as a point of escalation as required
- Identify opportunities for improvement within operational processes and work with colleagues and Operations Services Team Leaders to deliver improvements
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support to business stakeholders and participate in group and business unit lead initiatives.
- Travel to other branches as required
Your skills and experience:
- Experience in a supervisory role; experience managing staff remotely is a bonus
- A highly organized problem-solving self-starter, and motivated leader who can meet deadlines under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to multi-task and display exceptional attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, with intermediate Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel skills