Reporting to the President & CEO, the Program Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient operation of our client’s apprenticeship program, managing staff and achieving the outcomes to be outlined in the expected funding agreement with the Government of Ontario.
- Train, manage and evaluate program staff.
- Manage the budget.
- Prepare required reports to the Government of Ontario.
- Organize and support volunteer advisory groups to provide advice and guidance for the project.
- Prepare and present reports to the Board of Directors and other stakeholders on the project.
- Liaise with government funders, external stakeholders, and training providers to identify, build and nurture productive relationships to support the program.
- Identify and prepare applications for additional funding to support the program.
- Monitor the performance indicators, as established in the funding agreement with the government and as approved by the Board of Directors, report on progress and take necessary actions to ensure performance indicators are achieved.
- Minimum 7-8 years of progressive managerial responsibility building and managing a team, managing a budget and completing performance indicators.
- Track record of building productive relationships with stakeholders and the ability to “sell” the project to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate a team to deliver outcomes within the established budget.
- Experience and knowledge of Ontario’s construction sector and Ontario’s apprenticeship training system (preferred but not a requirement).
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Superior oral and written proficiency in English.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Motivated self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional focus on attention to detail.
- Comfortable working from a home-based office and connecting virtually with team members (for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19 and potentially on a permanent basis).
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office.