Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Instructional Designers work with construction companies to transition their existing training content for delivery via the Brightspace learning management system and redesign existing training content to make use of virtual reality tools.
- Liaise with construction companies to create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer.
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface, and the finished product.
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice, and methods.
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
- Create supporting material/media (audio/video, simulations, role-plays, games etc.).
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment tools.
- Maintain project documentation.
- Minimum five years demonstrated work experience in instructional design and with instructional technology.
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models.
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills.
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge.
- Solid knowledge of course development software and the Brightspace learning management system.
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to ensure Construction Ontario meets its required outcomes.
- Experience and knowledge of Ontario’s construction sector (preferred but not a requirement)
- A post-secondary credential in instructional design from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English (French is an asset but not required for one position